Kiwi Tracks

Add this blog to del.icio.us, digg or furl.


Sunday, June 25, 2006

Finally!
It seems I have made it. I've been thinking for quite a while about sharing some thoughts and pictures from my many tramps (hikes for you Americans) through New Zealand's backcountry and to the many peaks. Then today, I finally sat down and started posting.

I want to thank Andrew Stevenson for his kind permission to use the title of his wonderful book Kiwi Tracks (published in Lonely Planet's "Journeys" series) as the name of this blog. Reading his funny and insightful descriptions of a four-months journey through New Zealand reminded me of a lot of my own experiences travelling this country 12 years ago (although I luckily missed out on the experience of being caught in the ladies' room with my pants down to the ankles, desperately searching for toilet paper).
Mt.Cook from Hooker ValleyAs a matter of fact, it was Andrew's book that I used for my "mental preparations" before moving to New Zealand last year. I highly recommend reading it!

With my posts I want to share some very special moments from New Zealand's beautiful backcountry with you. I also see it as a great way to say "Thank You" to those who come along and make each trip even more memorable...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home